This unique encyclopedia is the culmination of a lifetime's study, and the author spent fifteen years on its compilation. It has been hailed as authoritative and invaluable by the medical profession, but its clear, jargon-free style and concise descriptions also bring an understanding of the use and nature of herbal medicine to the general reader. For everyday use in minor ailments, and for those who seek an alternative to some of the deep-acting drug treatments of orthodox modern medicine, this book is an essential reference. its a-Z listing of over 900 entries includes:
- A comprehensive coverage of common and rarer disorders, with appropriate treatments
- Entries for more than 550 herbs and plants
- Actions, properties and preparations of herbs, tinctures and essential oils
- Alternative herbal treatment for a number of manufactured drugs currently prescribed
- Major discoveries and developments in the history of herbalism
An invaluable reference.