An absolutely fascinating text on all aspects of breastfeeding and lactation issues. This book is split into chapters (see below) which deal with everything from the anatomy of the breast, through to problems of all kinds arising, including problems connected with issues in utero.
Chapter Headings are as follows:
- Basic anatomical features of the mammary gland
- Physiology of human lactation
- Biochemical and immunological components of human milk
- why breastfeed?
- Clinical issues relating to the establishment of lactation
- Clinical issues relating to the maintenance of lactation
- Mothers and babies with special needs
- Practical issues
- The 3 lacs, some personal perspectives
A real must for practitioners with an interest in mothers and babies, and confident users of homeopathy with breastfeeding infants.