Jerry Kantor's book Interpreting Chronic Illness views three seemingly incompatible fields of medicine through the lens of phenomenology and develops novel patterns of care for patients with chronic illnesses.
“A brilliant and groundbreaking work by an integrative practitioner who ‘speaks the language’ of three very different healing paradigms-- biomedicine (modern Western medicine), Traditional Chinese Medicine and homeopathy. By illumining each in the light of the others, he brings the CAM modalities from a subservient role as ‘alternative medicine’ to full participation as ‘complementary’. Kantor simultaneously updates the Five Elements model of acupuncture; provides fresh insights into the major homeopathic remedies based on the Five Elements model; and shows how both can address the diagnostic categories of biomedicine. This will be an essential book for practitioners and students of all three modalities who want to expand their healing paradigm.”
--Begabati Lennihan, RN, CCH, Former Director of the Teleosis School of Homeopathy
Destined to be a classic of Integrative Medicine.
Interpreting Chronic Illness, the Convergence of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, and Biomedicine:
A homeopathy book of practical value that also happens to be the first, genuinely integrative medicine text.
Our grasp of a remedy’s essence is aided by familiarity with its frame of reference: location on the Periodic Table for example, or position within a plant or animal kingdom. Interpreting Chronic Illness introduces a frame of reference equally conducive to accurate prescribing: the context supplied by an updated version of Traditional Chinese Medicine’s Five Phase System.
By means of its unique tool, Sense Dimensional Analysis, Interpreting Chronic Illness:
· Sheds new light on the materia medica of numerous homeopathic remedies;
· While providing startling examples, teaches a method by which both the subjective and biochemical features of illness may be decoded;
· Introduces to homeopathy a currently lacking, theory of healthful function;
· Adapts The Five Phases System’s dysfunctionality cycles so that these can represent homeopathic remedies;
· Introduces homeopaths and other clinicians to possibilities afforded by the book’s self-diagnosis mandala.
Write a review and share your thoughts with other shoppers.