LaLeche League - The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
All parents want the best for their babies, and there's no doubt about the fact that human milk is the ideal food for human babies. What's the secret of successful breastfeeding? For almost fifty years mothers who have been in touch with La Leche league have found the kind of information and support they needed to breastfeed their babies. There's no doubt that you can do it too!
In this newly revised edition of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, you will learn:
- How human milk offers lifetime benefits for your baby
- How to prepare for breastfeeding during pregnancy
- How to combine breastfeeding and working
- How to find the support you need so you can enjoy breastfeeding
- How to position your baby at the breast so you can avoid sore nipples
- How to exercise and lose weight safely while nursing
- How to find time for yourself while meeting baby's needs
- How to increase your milk supply by using herbs and medications
- How to be sure your baby is getting enough to eat
- How to give your baby the best start in life
This is the first book of its kind, written for mothers by mothers. Over the years, more than two million mothers have turned to it for information and inspiration. The most powerful recommendations of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding comes from those mothers. Many of theis success stories are found in its pages.