Ross & Wilson - Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness (12th edition)
Ross and Wilson is essential reading for anyone embarking on a career as a healthcare professional, especially in the nursing and allied health professions, complementary / alternative medicine or as paramedics and ambulance technicians.
"There are new sections on the implications of normal ageing on the structure and function of the body systems. The glossary has been expanded, as have the online access, learning outcomes and normal values tables. This book is excellent value for money." Reviewed by: Nursing Standard Date: Aug 2014
- Carefully refined, clear and unambiguous text which omits the unnecessary detail that can confuse the student new to the subject
- Highly illustrated with clear colour diagrams and photographs
- Regular sequences of headings, lists and bullet points help with learning and revision
- Learning outcomes related to the sections within each chapter
- Common prefixes, suffixes and roots commonly used in anatomy and physiology
- Appendix containing useful biological values for easy reference
- Access to additional electronic resources, including high-quality animations, colouring exercises, case studies, self-testing questions, an audio pronunciation guide and weblinks
- An accompanying Colouring and workbook that facilitates structured learning and revision of the material in this book.
New to this Edition
- Fully revised and updated text, with a focus on the most commonly occurring disorders
- New sections on the implications of normal ageing on the structure and function of the body systems to reinforce the core material and reflect today's ageing population
- A new, easy-to-use colouring feature has been added to the extensive and varied selection of highly popular web-based online revision activities
- Additional coloured electron micrographs and photographs, as well as updated illustrations
Extended glossary for fast, convenient and concise reference to important terminology.